The Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) Committee has launched an inquiry to understand the impact of automation and the Future of Work on UK workforces and customers.
The Inquiry also seeks to identify who (in terms of businesses and job roles) are most affected by automation and the type of support businesses are need to transition effectively. We are also keen to understand how automation affects the inclusion and opportunities for disabled workers and customers.
To help inform our response to this Inquiry, we would like to hear from employers, business leaders, HR professionals and strategists, business consultants, inclusion specialists, and disabled people.
We are keen to understand your thoughts on the following:
- How far automation has already affected your business; and, if it has not yet, how far you expect it to (and how) in the future;
- The impact this has had (or will have) on disabled people in or working with your workforce;
- How far you think automation has or will lead to industrialisation;
- The most (and least) affected sectors and role types;
- Support available to see businesses through change;
- Opportunities for businesses (and disabled people) moving forward.
How to respond
There are a number of ways you can help inform our response:
- Complete our survey by clicking here (this link will take you to Survey Monkey).
- Complete the survey in Word format
- Arrange a telephone or Skype call or an IM conversation.
Please contact the Policy Team at email@example.com to arrange any of the above.
The deadline for contributions is 9am on Friday 6 July 2018.